The reason why Windows Live Messenger 2011 crashes and logs you out every time in some Windows 7 operating systems is hard to address exactly, because the reason changes from one pc to the other. However, in most of the cases MSN Messegenger 2011 shut downs are related to damaged registry entries and cache files, and also errors during the instalation. Read the guide below to fix it.
How to Fix Windows Live Messenger 2011 Crashes.
Even if you already tried some of these steps, I’d strongly suggest you do them again in the following order.
- Fully uninstall Windows Live Essentials suite 2011.
- Remove messenger registry keys by typing CMD in the start search box and then paste and execute the following commands:
- Delete Windows Live Messenger Cache Files by copy pasting the following command line in the start search box:
- Download and run zapmessenger to make sure all files have been deleted.
- Download and install CCleaner, which is a useful tool for removing bad registry entries (does more cleaning stuff as well)
- Create a new windows user and restart the system using that same user.
- Install any Windows Live Messenger you want to and log in.
REG DELETE “HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live\Messenger’ /f
REG DELETE HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger /f
REG DELETE HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger /f
REG DELETE “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live\Communications Clients\Shared” /f
REG DELETE HKCU\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL /f
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\. Remove the Windows Live Contacts folder