There are mainly two ways of opening MSN Messenger 2011 conversation history logs, one of them offline, by opening the .xml file where the chats are located. You can also open chat logs from Windows Live Messenger 2009. However, this only applies for Desktop Windows versions, since mobiles have different places to store the WLM 2011 conversation logs.
Of course, make sure you have already enabled the option to save conversation logs in Tools >> Options >> History
How to open Windows Live Messenger conversation logs.
Offline Method (no need of signing in to MSN).
- Go to C:\Users\WINUSER\Documents\My Received Files\YOURUSERNAME\History . This is the default location for history logs, that if you didn’t change the location previously.
- You will see one folder for each of your contacts you had a chat, open the folder and copy the file, paste it somewhere else.
- Upload the .xml conversation history file to the following xml reader. This is another tool with the same purpose that you can download and install.
Online Method (signed in to MSN)
- Open the menu bar (alt in the main screen) go to File >> View Message History.
- Select the contact or group and click ok. The full conversation history log will open.