If you have installed Windows Live Messenger 2011, you might have noticed the nickname option (custom display name) was gone, though there are some workarounds to still change it. However, you still can modify and set a custom nickname for any of your contacts. This feature is tied with Windows Live services. Read the tip below.
How to Modify your Contacts’s Names on Windows Live Messenger 2011.
- Sign in to msn messenger 2011
- Right click on the contact you want to change the name/nickname.
- Choose Edit Contact.
- You will be taken to Windows Live to modify the details.
- Change Their Name (you cannot leave a blank space for Last Name)
- Sign out and then log in again