Many MAC users have faced this problem at least when using Windows Live Messenger, 2011 or 2009 version. Either 1, 2 or all contacts appear blocked, and despite using the option unblock it just doesn’t work. Even more, when going to the blocked contacts lists in MSN 2009, the supposedly blocked user is not even in the list. This issue is mainly related to the contact cache file not getting updated. Follow the tutorial below to fix the unblock contacts on a MAC problem.
How to unblock contacts on Windows Live Messenger 2011 in a MAC.
- Depending on the version, go to Tools >> Preferences >> Privacy and uncheck the following option:
- Sign out and shut down MSN Messenger 2011
- Open the following folder in your MAC /user/library/preferences/microsoft/
- Delete the file “Microsoft Messenger User Cache.plist”
- Open WLM again, before signing in, you should see in the main screen an the option Clear Account History. If you do not see it, click on Sign in with a different account
- Now log in again to Windows Live Messenger 2011, you should now be able to unblock and block your contacts
Only users on my Allow List can see my status and send me messages. Block all other users